Monday, January 29, 2007

Danielson Famile

As I write this I'm watching (or listening) to clips from the Danielson Famile's film site. Sufjan Stevens is featured in the film. I was a tad surprised at how effeminate he sounds. I don't know why since his music is certainly on the wispy side.

I'm loading songs into my iTunes library in preparation of some marathon mix making. My husband is out laying down a drum track for a cover of a Jellyfish song that is going to be featured on a tribute album. He is nervous because his friend is laying out 95$/hour for studio time after hearing some of the other tracks that will be on the album. His friend and he had originally recorded in his home studio in his basement but his friend decided it wouldn't stand comparison to the other tracks which were obviously recorded in a pro studio. So, Stu who has done plenty of recording in a studio for various projects is nervous because it is on his friend's dime and he doesn't want to be the cause of the recording going into overtime. He is worrying for nothing since he is a terrific drummer which is why he has been asked to lay tracks for various projects. It is just because Wayne is one of his oldest friends. I say, Wayne can afford it and if he wants to lay out the cash, let him.

Well, back to work.

No comments: