Thursday, January 25, 2007

Extras

It's been another fairly nice, sunny day and I've spent it doing very little. I washed some dishes (in the dishwasher) and I've made biscotti. Now I'm watching Extras on HBO OnDemand. The biscotti I made is revised from a recipe in How to Cook Everything. I changed it by substituting anise extract for the recommended vanilla or almond. Also, I added about a teaspoon of ginger and cinnamon. They came out very nice. Previously, I've made it from a recipe from one of those little Betty Crocker magazines they sell at the check-out in the grocery. That is a good recipe too.

I'm also drinking cheap wine from my parents house. Bad. I'm trying to cut out alchohol from my diet. I really would like to lose some weight. I was looking for a small enamel stock-pot that I thought I may have left downstairs and I found a stache of booze. :D Vintnor's Choice jug wine in burgundy flavor is what I'm drinking. Blah.....

Now, I'm watching an OnDemand special about the stars that have been on Extras. I've just remembered I was supposed to call some tax assessors to come re-evaluate the house. David Bowie is talking about being on Extras. He is such a sweet, regular guy. Weird. He's been famous for most of his life. If you see him on a talk show, like Late Night With Conan O'Brien, he actually comes off as kind of geeky.

I'm checking out the Pay-Per-View selection. I'm bored, I tell you. I actually watched something pretty good via Pay-Per-View the other day but now I can't think what it was. I just selected Friends With Money, mostly because it has Catherine Keener. Joan Cusack is in it also. And Alan Cumming. It's supposed to be pretty good.

Well, gotta go. I meant to upload some pictures and a recipe of a the veggie chili I made last night. I'll try to get to it ASAP.

No comments: