Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blogging technicalities...

I have spent the last hour in trying to figure out how to insert meta tags into my blog and I've been swimming in a sea of confusing terminology. I finally wound up downloading Windows Live Writer so this entry is basically a test for that.
Just so it isn't totally boring, here is a nice photo.

Vickie

So far so good. I get to do stuff to the photo like add a paper border or dropped shadow effect if I like (I chose the paper border). Plus I can customize the margins. Pretty cool. There is a handy column next to the writing field to insert links, pictures, tags, maps...I like it. It inserts Technorati tags so I don't know if they go over the entire web or are just for people signed up for their service.

Here is a birds-eye view of Veterans' Memorial Parkway in East Providence, near where I live. Creepy, huh?


One more plug-in I downloaded was something to insert a thumbnail webs image. Testing...


Look at that! It worked! Now you can see the bio page for a band I like. The image is a link so feel free to check them out.

Well, that was an hour or so well spent. I made myself a nice, spicy Bloody Mary as it is almost 5 o'clock, and hell why not? There's ecophene and vitamin C in it.

No comments: