Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY

 

 My poor husband wrecked the passenger side of my beautiful 1986 Mercedes today. He felt worse than I did. I thought he might cry. It was a birthday present two years ago. It was supposed to help me look classy when showing houses in my new career selling real estate. That never happened for reasons which I won't go into now. It isn't as bad as he made it out to be. At least the doors aren't totally crushed.

my damaged Mercedes

 

Here is looking all sad after showing me the damage. Poor baby.

Stu looking sad after scratching up my car

Partly to make it up to me, he took me to Home Depot and we bought $300 dollars worth of plants. I actually had to spend that much so he could get the 6 months-no-interest deal. The garden needs the fresh blood anyway.

A guy in the parking lot saw us loading all the plants onto Stu's truck and asked if we had won some kind of contest.

Now I have a ton of work to do. I still have to a shitload of weeding and raking dead leaves before I can really start planting. But the new plants awaiting their new home will give me the impetus. I hope.

  

Last night Stu came in carrying a bag with a pair of sweet red Chuck Taylor's. He asked me what size I was and I replied, "In Chucks, a 7."  Yay! They are mine! Believe it or not, I've never had a pair in red. And these are an American made pair.

So, even though he wrecked my car (trying to read a yard sale sign, btw) he is a pretty great husband. 

 

 

 

2 comments:

emily said...

Oh, that sucks about the car. But hooray for all the flowers! I went to the Depot to get flowers for my deck garden on Saturday night, but it was so cold (mid 50s!) that the drive to do it totally escaped me, so I just bought Steve and my mom daylilies and this groundcover called "Snow in Summer" and hightailed it out of there!

Mixxie said...

At first I thought, "Cold in the 50's! What a wuss!" But then I checked your profile and saw Chicago and realized that Chicago in the 50's is probably pretty damned cold at night. Then I also realized who you were. Hey there! And thanks for being the first person to comment on my blog!
It is a bit chillier here than it has been in few days but it is sunny and gorgeous. I should probably get outside and work toward getting all that stuff in the ground. I feel very lazy, having overslept 'til nearly noon.
It is hubby's day off so we are probably going to go get a late breakfast instead.