Monday, May 14, 2007

Mondays are nice for me...

...because Stu has the day off. Today he had to go to the doctor. He had a touch of bronchitis and a patch of shingles, and water build-up in his inner ear. The inner-ear thing was probably from swimming all day in Bermuda, both in the pool and the ocean. The shingles was from the bronchitis. The bronchitis started before his trip to Bermuda but was probably aggravated by the flight and all the swimming. Anyway, he has antibiotics and something for the inner-ear thing.

After his appointment, he and Ivy and I went to Cindy's Diner in Scituate. We love it there. It is cheap and has a good atmosphere. I like to take photos when I'm there and today was no exception. These are just a few. You can see the rest at my flickr account.


The awesome signage....

Betty Boop in the vestibule....

Our booth... 

My cup of tea (their coffee is terrible)... 


A guy enjoying his book at the counter...

 

Ivy being silly with a fake "French" mustache...

 

We also went to Kinko's so I could copy some art for cd's for a swap-bot thing...We decided it would be fun to make a color photocopy of Slink the Sockmonkey and Ivy used it to decorate the notebook I bought her...

  

After Cindy's and Kinko's we went to the New Bedford, Ma Savers and I scored a huge Coach satchel for $7.99 along with some really nice Pyrex bowls. Sorry no pictures of that stuff. I do have an picture of an awesome old car we saw on the way....

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like one of those cool retro diners, I love to sit in those old style Diner booths.

Mixxie said...

Awesome link! I've drooled over these sites before. Cindy's is a really good retro diner that has a unique personality and charm.

Jezzica said...

This website came up when I googled "French mustache." I was looking for inspiration for my own eyeliner-etched 'stache. Very nice!